Issues of Criminal Law Qualification of Traffic Safety Violations in the Context of Providing Judicial Practice Uniformity.
The article involves analyses of the approaches of the Supreme Court of Ukraine on the criminal law assessment of traffic safety violations that have been mutually committed by several traffic participants, each of which resulted in causing socially dangerous consequences. Appropriate enforcement uncertainty is comprehended; it is explained to some degree by the imperfection of certain provisions of the Traffic Regulations and can serve as an additional argument in favor of in-depth doctrinal study of the careless mutual committing issue.
It is demonstrated that the greatest difficulties arise upon establishing criminal act and causal relationship as objective elements of a crime under Article 286 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine. Causal relationship that is available in situations of dual traffic violations has clearly defined indirect nature; however, it is sufficient to justify criminal liability for traffic offense.
According to the authors of this Article, confusion that arose from the examined criminal law issue under conditions of mandatory legal positions of the Supreme Court of Ukraine, is capable of having negative impact on the enforcement of uniformity of judicial practice (which is, by the way, very widespread), promotion of which is one of this Court’s goals. Theoretical position, that is formulated in legal literature, and according to which if two or more traffic participants (multiple drivers, in particular) have violated traffic safety rules that resulted in consequences under criminal law, they should be subjected to criminal liability in the presence of all elements of crime under Article of the Criminal Code of Ukraine. A point of view is expressed that in the same manner the Supreme Court of Ukraine should finally formulate its legal position on the issue of criminal law qualification of reciprocal traffic safety violations caused by several traffic participants.
2. Korobeev A.Y. Transportnыe prestuplenyya / A.Y. Korobeev. – SPb. : Yzd-vo «Yurydycheskyy tsentr Press», 2003. – 406 s.
3. Kasynyuk V.I. Kryminal’na vidpovidal’nist’ viys’kovosluzhbovtsiv za porushennya pravyl vodinnya abo ekspluatatsiyi mashyn / V.I. Kasynyuk, V.M. Bilokonev. – Zaporizhzhya : vydavets’ Hlazunov S.O., 2011. – 231 s.
4. Malynyn V.B. Prychynnaya svyaz’ v uholovnom prave / V.B. Malynyn. – SPb. : Yzd-vo «Yurydycheskyy tsentr Press», 2000. – 316 s.
5. Kasыnyuk V.Y. Voprosы kvalyfykatsyy transportnыkh prestuplenyy : ucheb. posobye / V.Y. Kasыnyuk, Z.H. Korcheva. – K. : UMK VO, 1988. – 71 s.
6. Korzhans’kyy M.Y. Kvalifikatsiya avtotransportnykh zlochyniv / M.Y. Korzhans’kyy, V.A. Myslyvyy. – K. : Yurinkom Inter, 1996. – 80 s.
7. Yany P. Zaklyuchenye / P. Yany // Uholovnoe pravo. – 2003. – # 1. – S. 131–132.
8. Sudova praktyka Verkhovnoho Sudu Ukrayiny u kryminal’nykh spravakh. Ofitsiyne vydannya. Vidp. red. P.P. Pylypchuk. – K. : Vydavnychyy Dim «In Yure», 2006. – 391 s.
9. Tyazhkova Y.M. Neostorozhnыe prestuplenyya s yspol’zovanyem ystochnykov povыshennoy opasnosty / Y.M. Tyazhkova. – SPb. : Yzd-vo «Yurydycheskyy tsentr Press», 2002. – 278 s.
10. Kurynov B.A. Avtotransportnыe prestuplenyya (kvalyfykatsyya y nakazanye) / B.A. Kurynov. – M. : Yuryd. lyt., 1970. – 224 s.
11. Sytkovskaya O.D. Uholovnыy kodeks Rossyyskoy Federatsyy : psykholohycheskyy kommentaryy / O.D. Sytkovskaya. – M. : Volters Kluver, 2009. – 192 s.
12. Luk’yanov V.V. Problemы kvalyfykatsyy dorozhno-transportnыkh prestuplenyy / V.V. Luk’yanov. – M. : Yuryd. lyt., 1979. – 168 s.