IMPROVING ACCOUNTING AND REPORTING IN THE DIGITAL ECONOMY
The article is aimed at studying the influence of the latest digital technologies on the transformation of accounting methodology and practice; application of modern information technologies for collection and processing of accounting information; introduction of new directions for improvement of theoretical, methodical and applied aspects of accounting development.
The purpose of the article is to investigate the impact of digital technologies on the transformation of the introduction of accounting in Ukraine, to identify the main opportunities and risks of its implementation.
To achieve the goal, the following research methods are used in the article: deduction – to study the advantages and disadvantages of using the latest digital technologies in the practice of accounting; system analysis – to study accounting processes in their relationship and interdependence; synthesis and comprehensive approach – for the study of modern information technologies for collecting, processing and saving accounting information; abstraction - to form generalized conclusions.
The article considers a comprehensive approach to the description, storage and processing of data in the accounting system in an automated way; the impact of digital technologies on accounting objects; the procedure for the phased introduction of the computerized regulatory accounting system at the enterprise; peculiarities of using blockchain technology, digital audit, technology «smart» contracts, «cloud» technologies in the practice of accounting
The scientific novelty of the study is the identification of key directions for improving the theory and practice of accounting as a result of the introduction of modern digital technologies.
The results of scientific research can be applied by enterprises to analyze the state of the current system of the accounting process and to form an effective digital architecture with the aim of its compliance with modern information technologies to improve business processes.
2. Kulynych, M. B. “Documentation as a methodological tool in accounting: prospects for the introduction of electronic document management.” Economic Journal of Lesya Ukrainka East European National University, no. 4(16), 2018, pp. 148-154
3. Muravskyi, V. V. Computer-communication form of accounting: monograph. Ternopil, TNEU, 2018.
4. Pryobrazhenska, V. V. “Influence of digital economy on the development of competencies in the field of accounting.” Financial magazine, no.3, 2019, pp. 50–63. doi:10.31107/2075-1990-2019-5-50-63 oaji.net/articles/2020/8467-1595189921.pdf Accessed 5 March 2023
5. Shevchuk, I.B., Deputat, B.Ya., and O.Ye. Tarasenko. “Digitalization and its impact on Ukraine's economy: advantages, challenges, threats and risks.” Prychornomors'ki ekonomichni studii, vol. 47-2, 2019, рр. 173-177, bses.in.ua/journals/2019/47_2_2019/34.pdf. Accessed 5 March 2023
6. Kohut, Yu.I. Digital transformation of the economy and the problems of cybersecurity. Kyiv, SIDCON Consulting Company praktych, 2021.
7. Korol', S.Ya., and A.O. Klochko. “Digital technologies in accounting and auditing.” Derzhava ta rehiony. Seriia: Ekonomika ta pidpryiemnytstvo, vol. 1, 2020, рр. 170-176. Vernadsky National Library of Ukraine, nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/drep_2020_1_31. Accessed 5 March 2023
8. Ratyns'kyj, V.V. “Information technology in accounting. prospects and problems.” Ekonomika. Finansy. Pravo, vol. № 4(1), 2021, рр. 17-20, efp.in.ua/uk/journal-item/297. Accessed 5 March 2023
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial NoDerivs 4.0 Unported License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access)