DIGITALIZATION AS THE MAIN FACTOR OF HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT IN THE CONDITIONS OF MODERN CHALLENGES
The purpose of the article is to identify features and methods of implementation and use of elements of digitalization. This will increase the efficiency of the hospitality industry in a competitive environment. During the research we used dialectical and abstract-logical methods, methods of systematic approach, comparison, observation, analysis, synthesis, induction, deduction, etc.
This article explores the importance and role of digitalization in modern conditions of information society development, which forms a digital, virtual reality with specific social, cultural, consumer practices. It has been proven that the use of innovation processes and the introduction of digitalization elements in the activities of the hospitality industry significantly contribute to improving its efficiency and customer satisfaction in today's challenges.
We have identified a set of circumstances that indicate the need to use Internet technologies to successfully promote the services of the hospitality industry in the market. The article analyzes the positive and negative impact of digitalization processes on the development of the hospitality industry, whose activities are aimed at meeting a variety of both individual and collective needs of consumers. We have proved that in modern conditions the Internet is an important tool for successful business development, as there are clear trends in the number of Internet users and the share of Internet commerce in total world trade. The article substantiates that the digitalization of the processes of organization of facilities, management and customer service of the hospitality industry will contribute to the formation of a single information space and increase the competitiveness of the industry. We determined that overcoming the existing negative trends in the hospitality industry, which were formed under the influence of destructive factors, will be possible with the active use of innovation, among which special attention should be paid to digital technologies and information positioning of the hospitality industry in cyberspace.
2. Artemenko, O. I., Pasichnyk, V. V., and V. V.Yehorova. “Information technologies in the field of tourism. Analysis of applications and research results.” Bulletin of the National University “Lviv Polytechnic”. Series: Information systems and networks, 2015, рр. 3–22.
3. Grybinenko, O. “Digitalization of the economy in a new paradigm of digital transformation.” International relations, Economic Sciences Series, no. 16, 2018, рр. 35-37, journals.iir.kiev.ua/index.php/ec_n-/article/view/3523. Accessed 18 March 2022.
4. Hudz, O., Fediunin, S., and V.Shcherbyna. “Digitalization as a competitive advantage of enterprises.” Economy. Management. Business, no. 3 (29), 2019, рр.18–24. doi.org/10.31673/2415-8089.2019.031824.
5. Hurenko, A., and O. Hashutina. “Directions of development of management systems in the conditions of digitalization of business in Ukraine.” Economy and society, no. 19, 2018, рр. 739–745.
6. Kyryliuk, I. M. “The use of modern information technologies in the tourism industry.” Innovative development of tourism and hospitality industry: problems and prospects: edited by Povorozniuk І, Uman, Vizavi, 2022, рр. 28–44.
7. Kyryliuk, I. M. “Virtualization as an innovative direction of tourism.” Ukraine in world globalization processes: culture, economy, society, vol. 2, 2022, рр. 111–114.
8. Kyryliuk, I. M. “Gamification as a modern tool for tourism development.” Ukraine in the globalization processes: culture, economy, society, 2020, рр. 93–96.
9. Korol, S., and Ye.Polovyk. “Digitalization of the economy as a factor in professional development.” Modern Economics, no. 18, 2019, рр. 67–73, 188.8.131.52:8080/jspui/bitstream/123456789/6619/1/korol.pdf. Accessed 20 March 2022.
10. Ligonenko, L., Khripko, A., and A. Domansky. “Content and mechanism of formation of digitalization strategy in business organizations.” International Scientific Journal “Internauka”, Economic sciences, no. 22 (62), 2018, рр. 21–24.
11. Marusei, T. “Digitalization of the tourist sector as a tool of development in modern conditions.” Efficient economy, no. 8, 2020. doi.org/10.32702/2307-2105-2020.8.73.
12. Makhovka, V. M. “Interactive and Smart-technologies in tourism.” Methodology and practice of sustainable tourism development. Poltava, Astraya, 2018, рр. 148–154.
13. Prysakar, I. I. “Gamification: an effective technology to influence the loyalty of consumers of restaurant services.” Economy and society, issue 4, 2016, рр. 179–185.
14. Semilitko, D. “Digitalization in action: how the digital transformation of business affects the success of the company.” Auditor of Ukraine, no. 5, 2019, рр. 76–79.
15. Tunic, O. M. “Gamification as a marketing trend of tourist travel.” Business efficiency: marketing aspect, Kyiv, KNLU, 2017, рр. 60–63.
16. Falko, E. A. “Scientific and theoretical foundations of global informatization of tourism business.” European Journal of Management, no. 4, 2015, рр. 92–100.
17. Felenchak, Yu. B., and I. B Shevchuk. “New directions of using information and communication technologies in the field of tourism.” Market infrastructure, no. 36, 2019, рр. 69–75.
18. Yurchuk, N. P. “Information systems and technologies as an innovation in the business process management system.” Efficient economy, no. 5, 56, 2018, ojs.dsau.dp.ua/index.php/efektyvna–ekonomika/article/view/1235. Accessed 2 9March 2022.
19. Apelt, H. et al. “Formation of a Strategy for Providing CustomerOriented Tourist Services.” Academy of Strategic Management Journal, vol. 18, Special Issue 1, 2019, рр. 1–6, www.abacademies.org/articles/Formation-of-a-strategy-for-providing-customer-orientedtourist-services-1939-6104-18-SI-1-451.pdf. Accessed 20 March 2022.
20. “Cumulative number of monthly Meta (formerly Facebook Inc.) product users as of 1st quarter 2022.” Statista, www.statista.com/statistics/947869/facebook-product-mau/. Accessed 14 Apr. 2022.
21. De Clerck, J.-P. “Digitization, digitalization and digital transformation: the differences.” i-scoop, www.i-scoop.eu/digitization-digitalization-digitaltransformation-disruption. Accessed 18 March 2022.
22. “Digital 2021: global overview report.” DataReportal – Global Digital Insights, datareportal.com/reports/digital-2021-global-overview-report. Accessed 04 Apr. 2022.
23. “Digitalization of the travel industry – statistics & facts.” Statista, www.statista.com/topics/7589/digitalization-of-the-travel-industry/#topicHeader__wrapper. Accessed 17 Apr. 2022.
24. “ITU World Telecommunication.” Statistics, www.itu.int/en/ITU-D/Statistics/Pages/stat/default.aspx. Accessed 08 Apr. 2022.
25. Khatri, Ishwar. “Information Technology in Tourism and Hospitality Industry: A Review of Ten Years’ Publications.” Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Education, vol. 9, 2019, pp. 74–87. doi.org/10.3126/jthe.v9i0.23682.
26. “Mobile internet usage worldwide – statistics & facts.” Statista, www.statista.com/topics/779/mobile-internet/#dossierKeyfigures. Accessed 10 Apr. 2022.
27. “Most popular app categories worldwide 2021, by downloads.” Statista, www.statista.com/statistics/1189712/apps-downloaded-worldwide-category/. Accessed 17 Apr. 2022.
28. “Most popular social networks worldwide as of January 2022, ranked by number of monthly active usershttps.” Statista, www.statista.com/statistics/272014/global-social-networks-ranked-by-number-of-users/. Accessed 14 Apr. 2022.
29. “Number of mobile app downloads worldwide from 2016 to 2021.” Statista, www.statista.com/statistics/271644/worldwide-free-and-paid-mobile-app-store-downloads/. Accessed 15 Apr. 2022.
30. “Number of smartphone subscriptions worldwide from 2016 to 2027.” Statista, www.statista.com/statistics/330695/number-of-smartphone-users-worldwide/. Accessed 15 Apr. 2022.
31. “Social media use by generation.” GWI, www.gwi.com/reports/social-media-across-generations. Accessed 11 Apr. 2022.
32. Williams, C. C., and I. A.Horodnic. “Regulating the sharing economy to prevent the growth of the informal sector in the hospitality industry.”International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, vol. 29, no.9, 2017, pp. 2261-2278. doi.org/10.1108/IJCHM-08-2016-0431
33. “Worldwide Retail and Ecommerce Sales: eMarketer's Estimates for 2016–2021.” Emarketer, www.emarketer.com/Report/Worldwide-Retail-Ecommerce-Sales-eMarketers-Estimates-20162021/20020. Accessed 15 March 2022.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial NoDerivs 4.0 Unported License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access)