THE EFFICIENCY OF ENTERPRISES’ ACTIVITY IN THE MARKET OF LOGISTICS SERVICES IN UKRAINE
The article is devoted to the analysis of the efficiency of logistics companies in the market. The aim of the article is to analyze the factors influencing the efficiency of logistics companies based on the study of the logistics services market and study the behavior of leading players in the Ukrainian logistics services market. In the process of research, the authors used a dialectical method, which revealed the essence of the concept "efficiency", conditions and performance indicators of logistics companies; systemic and synergetic approaches, which allowed to consider the evaluation of the efficiency of companies in close connection with ensuring their competitive advantages in the market of logistics services, to analyze the performance indicators for different components of the logistics companies’ activities. The article examines the current state and main trends in the development of the logistics services market in Ukraine. It is noted that in 2021 there is a slow recovery of the logistics services market in the context of the continuation of the COVID-19 pandemic. In the process of analysis, the concept of efficiency of a logistics company is determined, which is revealed in the work through the relevant aspects of its activities. The methodology to assess the integrated economic efficiency of the logistics company is of scientific interest. The ten top logistics companies operating in Ukraine are analyzed in order to determine their competitive advantages and assess market efficiency. The top five logistics companies have been found to be subsidiaries of powerful multinational companies focused on providing integrated logistics solutions. As for the Ukrainian market leaders, they are aimed at finding niche segments, offering their customers unique logistics services. The authors propose a system of indicators by which it is possible to assess the integrated efficiency of logistics companies: indicators of the production component; indicators of the financial component; indicators of the personnel component; indicators of the marketing component; indicators of the management component.
2. Achkasova L. “Evaluation of the efficiency of cargo transportation process”. Economics of the Transport Complex, no. 24, 2014, pp. 117-124.
3. Kovtun A.V., and V.O.Tabunenko. “Substantiation of the indicator of efficiency of use of motor transport at transportations”. Collection of Scientific Works of the National Academy of the National Guard of Ukraine, no. 1 (31), 2018, pp. 80-84.
4. Nagorny E.V., and N.Yu.Shramenko. “Analysis of the efficiency of logistics systems in the delivery of goods”. Interuniversity Collection "Scientific Notes", no. 28, 2010, pp. 353-357.
5. Yanton-Drozdovska E. “International competitiveness of the enterprise”. Actual problems of regional economy development, no. 16, Vol. 2, 2020, pp. 10-17, journals.pnu.edu.ua/index.php/aprde/article/view/4578/5072. Accessed 21 Sept. 2021.
6. “Exports from Ukraine increased by a quarter in the middle of 2021. State Statistics Service of Ukraine.” Economic pravda. August 13, 2021, www.epravda.com.ua/news/2021/ 08/13/676883/. Accessed 21 Sept.2021.
7. “Express issues of the State Statistics Service of Ukraine for the 1st and 2nd quarter of 2021.” State Statistics Service of Ukraine, www.ukrstat.gov.ua/. Accessed 21 Sept.2021.
8. “Cargo Transportation in Ukraine increased to 287 million tons in the first half of 2021.” Agravery News Agency, July 27, 2021, agravery.com/uk/posts/show/vantazoperevezenna-v-ukraini-zbilsilisa-do-287-mln-tonn-v-persomu-pivricci-2021-roku. Accessed 21 Sept.2021.
9. Top 10 largest logistics companies in Ukraine. Mintrans, mintrans.news/logistics/top-10-naybilshikh-logistichnikh-kompaniy-ukraini. Accessed 21 Sept. 2021.
10. Chuchka, І.М. “Modern basic forms of transport and logistics services in Europe.” Economy and society, no. 1, 2015, pp. 18-20.
11. Smolin, I.V. Strategic planning of organization development: monograph. KNTEU, 2004, pp. 60-65.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial NoDerivs 4.0 Unported License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access)