ELECTRONIC PROCUREMENT SYSTEMS: ENTERPRISES BEHAVIOR MODEL WITH NON-PRICE INDICATORS
This paper deals with the modeling of enterprise behavior during the reverse auction. We studied the benefits and limitations of reverse auctions and rules for their functioning in Ukraine. During the experiments we proved that the initial price cannot be a single measure for the decision-making. In this case the trading strategy and non-price indicators become crucial. We used the method of agent-based modeling and considered the following parameters for each participant as the starting price, the minimum price, trading strategy, non-price parameters (in this case – payment delay and delivery period).
2. “About public procurement. Law of Ukraine.” The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/922-19. Accessed 23 Feb. 2017.
3. ERAs: A CAPS research focus study – Nashville, The Institute for Supply Management, 2003.
4. Mullen, M. R., Dinev, T., Hopkins, J. L., and D. F. Kehoe. “Evidence of revenue equivalence in B2B open, reverse e-auctions and first price.” Journal of Global Business Management, 2008, www.jgbm.org/page/previous_V4-1.htm. Accessed 24 Feb. 2017.
5. Manoochehri, G., and C. Lindsy. “Reverse Auctions: Benefits, Challenges, and Best Practices.” California Journal of Operations Management, no. 6, 2008 , pp. 123–130.
6. Wyld, D. C. “Current research on reverse auctions: part I – understanding the nature of reverse auctions and the price and process savings associated with competitive bidding.” International Journal of Managing Value and Supply Chains, no. 2, 2011, pp. 11–23.
7. Beall, S., Carter, C., Carter, P. L. et al. The role of reverse auctions in strategic sourcing, CAPS Research, 2003.
8. “Platforms –ProZorro members created an open procurement system for business RIALTO.” Retail-community, retail-community.com.ua/news/tehnologii/5036-ploschadki-uchastniki-prozorro-sozdali-otkryituyu-sistemu-zakupok-dlya-biznesa-rialto. Accessed 20 Feb. 2017.
9. “Non-price indexes.” OpenProcurement, http://openprocurement.org/ua/nonprice-criteria.html. Accessed 24 Feb. 2017.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial NoDerivs 4.0 Unported License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access)