The Legal Protection Of Construction Constructer And Subcontractor In Polish Civil Code
The purpose of this article was to present two basic legal institutions concerning protection of contractors and subcontractors in the Polish Civil Code which are: the institution of joint and several liability for remuneration for subcontractors and the institution to guarantee payment. The reason for implementation these two institutions into Polish law was the need to eliminate malpractices in the economic transactions. Research shows that above mentioned regulation is the source of many interpretation doubts in spite of legitimate reasons to implement this regulation into Polish Civil Code. It should be emphasized that there are not counterparts for these institutions in any other legal system.
2. W. Wyrzykowski, General Construction Works Agreement (EPC/ «Turn - Key»), C.H. Beck, Warsaw, 2013,page 6 - 14.
3. E. Zielińska, Law of construction Works Agreements, Editor by J.A. Strzępki, issue 3, C.H. Beck, Warszawa 2012, page 624.
4. W. Białończyk, Responsibility in Construction Works Agreements, Commercial Law 2003, Nr 2003, page 27 - 31.
5. Krzysztof Zagrobelny, Investor responsibility in Construction Works Agreements, C.H. Beck, Warsaw 2013, page 1 and next.
6. E. Strzępka - Frania, General Construction Works Agreement , C.H. Beck, Warsaw 2010, page 19.
7. P. Drapała, Construction Works Agreement , Owerview of Commercial Law 2003, Nr 8, page 14 - 15.
8. J.A. Strzępka, E. Zielińska, Construction Works Agreement in new polish Civil Code - responsibility for the payment of subcontractor, Legal Monitor 2003, Nr 21, page 975.
9. E. Zielińska, Subcontractor Works Agreement - Selected Problems , Commercial Agreements editor by J. Gospodarka, Oficyna Wydawnicza Szkoła Główna Handlowa w Warszawie, page 219 - 220.