Features Of Spouses’ Corporate Rights Separation: Path To Justice
The article deals with the peculiarities of spouses corporate rights separation. This problem is particularly acute at the present stage of development of the legal system in Ukraine. At the legislative level the issue is the least regulated, but is more urgent in practice. The problem of corporate rights separation between spouses is particularly relevant when one spouse becoming a company founder sends a company the property owned by the couple on the right of joint ownership. It remains uncertain the extent of the rights of the spouse who is not a member of a business partnership and the question is what he can expect in the division of joint property.
The article says that corporate rights can not belong to the couple on the right of joint property, and therefore they cannot be the subject to division. However, this does not mean that the transfer of property to the charter capital of a legal entity that belongs to the spouse on the right of joint ownership, another spouse loses any rights to such property.
Speaking about the scope of spouse rights which indirectly participated in the authorized company capital it is concluded that in the separation of the joint family property one of the spouse can rely on the division of received proceeds obtained by other spouse; part of the assets received by another spouse in case of breaking partnership; part of the assets, which received the other spouse in case of company liquidation. If the joint costs were used by one of the spouse against the family interests to contribute to the share capital, then the spouse is entitled to compensation for the value of the transferred funds or property.
2. Vasil’єva V. А. Korporativne pravo yak ob’єkt spadkovikh prav / V. А. Vasil’єva // Аktual’nі problemi vdoskonalennya chinnogo zakonodavstva Ukraїni. Zbіrnik statej. 2010. – Vipusk KHKHІІІ. – P. 109 – 112.
3. Kravchuk V. M. Korporativne pravo. Naukovo-praktichnij komentar zakonodavstva ta sudovoї praktiki. / V. M. Kravchuk. – K.: Іstina, 2005. – 720 p.
4. ZHilіnkova І. V. Korporativnі prava osіb z podruzhnіm statusom / І. V. ZHilіnkova // Vdoskonalennya pravovogo regulyuvannya korporativnikh vіdnosin v suchasnikh umovakh: Materіali Vseukraїns’kogo naukovo-praktichnogo semіnaru (25-26 veresnya 2009 roku). – Іvano-Frankіvs’k: Prikarpats’kij natsіonal’nij unіversitet іmenі Vasilya Stefanika, 2010. – P. 50 – 56.
5. Vіntonyak N. D. SHHodo korporativnikh prav podruzhzhya. Vdoskonalennya pravovogo regulyuvannya prav ta osnovnikh svobod lyudini і gromadyanina [tekst]: Materіali shhorіchnoї Vseukraїns’koї naukovo-praktichnoї konferentsії molodikh vchenikh ta aspіrantіv (16 travnya 2014 roku). – Іvano-Frankіvs’k: Prikarpats’kij natsіonal’nij unіversitet іmenі Vasilya Stefanika, 2014. – 173 p.
6. KHar’kovskaya tsivilisticheskaya shkola: antologіya semejnogo prava: monografіya / V. K. Аntoshkina, V. I. Borisova, I. V. ZHilinkova i dr..; pod. obshh. red. d-ra yurid. nauk, prof. I. V. Spasibo-Fateevoj.— KHar’kov: Pravo, 2013.—240 p.
7. Korporativnі pravochini [tekst]: Zbіrnik naukovikh prats’ za materіalami Vseukraїns’koї naukovo-praktichnoї konferentsії (27-28 veresnya 2013 roku, m. Іvano-Frankіvs’k) / NDІ privatnogo prava і pіdpriєmnitstva іm. akademіka F. Burchaka NАPrP Ukraїni; za red. d-ra yurid. nauk, akad. NАPrN Ukraїni V. V. Lutsya. – Іvano-Frankіvs’k, 2013. – 231 p.